Sunday, March 29, 2009

Short and Sweet

We were treated today with a sermon from the Rev. Mary Cat Enockson. Coming in at 10 minutes, she again proved that ideas are most clearly presented in the fewest words. Drawing from her youth ministry, she explained the new covenant to us oldsters as she would to the youth. And as an added bonus, we heard the name "Jesus" several times during the sermon. For a moment, I thought I might be in the big Presbyterian church down the road. Indeed, as I drove home, I listened to the service broadcast from Davidson College Presbyterian Church (courtesy WDAV which is also available on-line), and I caught the tail end of their sermon. A female voice was presenting an exposition on the new covenant, and for a moment, I thought I was listening to an Episcopal service.

No comments:

Post a Comment