Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Walkin in a Doggie Wonderland

When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion,
we were like those who dream.
Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
and our tongue with shouts of joy; Psalm 126: v 1-2


This year, Rock Hill had a white Christmas for the first time in decades. The snow fall came late on Christmas night, but some of us had to venture forth to check it out (and to take care of business).



                                                         (Taken 12/26/2010)


Walkn' In A Doggy Winter Wonderland
by Unknown Poet

Dog tags ring, are you listenin'?
In the lane, snow is glistenin'.
It's yellow, NOT white - I've been there tonight,
Marking up my winter wonderland.

Smell that tree? That's my fragrance.
It's a sign for wand'ring vagrants;
"Avoid where I pee, it's MY pro-per-ty!
Marked up as my winter wonderland."

In the meadow dad will build a snowman,
following the classical design.
Then I'll lift my leg and let it go Man,
So all the world will know it's
mine-mine-mine!

Straight from me to the fencepost,
flows my natural incense boast;
"Stay off of my TURF, this small piece of earth,
I mark it as my winter wonderland.

"...our mouth was filled with laughter..."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:39 PM

    I should've thought you'd get more snow, given that you're at a higher elevation than the coasts. If you wish, I'll send you some of ours.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete