Sunday, August 28, 2011

Goodnight Irene by Leadbelly

I have been through a lot of hurricanes in my time, and the lessons I learned in childhood still hold true even in these days of more accurate tracking and forecasting. Lesson #1: never trust a hurricane. Fortunately, we are sufficiently inland that we only got a pleasant breeze yesterday from hurricane Irene. Sadly, others lost their lives, and others are suffering from this slow moving storm.



Lesson #2: If you have a hurricane party, don't have it at your beach house.

Leadbelly's lyrics are unique, listen to it all. I challenge you to understand all the words.

As one commenter said, Leadbelly invents rap in this one.

Lesson #3: Lay down a lot of Leadbelly at your hurricane party.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:59 PM

    I wondered how much of an effect you'd get. I figured mostly higher winds and rain for a few hours. I trust all is well with you and yours.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All is well. Keeping an eye on the tropics.

    ReplyDelete