Sunday, October 02, 2011

Social Media, Old Style

As the dog and I walked back from picking up the morning newspaper, I started to read an article about "social media" and how people were spending "x" number of hours a day glued to their electronic devices.

Then the first cool breeze of Fall brushed my face. I lifted my eyes to watch the leaves and branches swaying in the arms of the wind. I dropped the old style social media to which I had been glued, laughed, and enjoyed a moment in which to listen, see, smell, and live again in God's creation.

The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words; their voice is not heard; yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. - Psalm 19:1-4

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:38 PM

    The universe does proclaim His glory, provided we stop and ponder it.

    I've been toying with a post for months with the working thesis that, the new social media is Satan's way of injecting noise into our psyches such that we no longer can hear God's "still small voice."

    It's a long way from completion.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since social media is aimed at our weakest spot, I wouldn't put it past old Screwtape to be behind it.

    ReplyDelete