Wednesday, January 17, 2018

In the Beginning... Oh, Forget that, Oregon Created a Third Sex

We live in the age of gender confusion. Biologic sex means nothing. He can become she at a whim, but the legal implications of a "sex change" are complicated, and governmental agencies are having to play catch up with this cultural change. The state of Oregon has always been on the progressive side of things and has now decided (see Christian Post) that there should be a new legal sex,  the "non-binary".
An Oregon judge ruled Friday that 52-year-old Army veteran Jamie Shupe, who does not identify as male or female, can legally choose to be "non-binary" or a "third sex."
"Male and female are the traditional categories, but they fail to properly categorize people like me. So I challenged that," Shupe told The Daily Dot.
Shupe who retired in 2000 as a sergeant first class in the Army, began transitioning in 2013 while living in Pittsburg. Shupe knew then that neither male nor female fit and now just prefers to be called the gender-neutral name Jamie, instead of a pronoun, according to Oregon Live.
"I was assigned male at birth due to biology," Shupe noted in that report. "I'm stuck with that for life. My gender identity is definitely feminine. My gender identity has never been male, but I feel like I have to own up to my male biology. Being non-binary allows me to do that. I'm a mixture of both. I consider myself as a third sex."
Note the confusion of the words "gender" and "sex". The court is equally confused,
Portland attorney Lake James Perriguey filed Shupe's petition for a sex change on April 27, supported by two letters from Oregon Health Science University as well as the Veterans Affairs hospital, stating that Shupe's gender should be classified as nonbinary.
Oregon law allows a court to change a person's legal sex if a judge determines the person has undergone surgical, hormonal or other treatment related to a gender transition. The law, however, does not require a note from a doctor, according to Oregon Live.
In Friday's ruling Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Amy Holmes Hehn said Jamie had satisfied the law for a sex change.
"The sexual reassignment has been completed," Hehn wrote in the ruling. "No person has shown cause why the requested General Judgment should not be granted."
I am reminded of something I read today by L. Joseph Hebert at Crisis Magazine,
"Jean Louis de Lolme, writing in 1784 of the 'omnipotence' of the British legislature—and by implication of the modern state—remarks that 'parliament can do everything, except making a woman a man or a man a woman.'”
The state of Oregon, thumbing its nose to de Lolme, has either created a third sex, or a new gender identity, or both, and I don't think the Judge even knows for sure which is which.

Hebert notes that the state creates a new reality, a new absolute that must be accepted,
"Today, the striking thing about de Lolme’s qualification of state power is its apparent naiveté. We live in a world where medical technology is thought capable of 'making a woman a man or a man a woman'; where a man’s conviction that he is a woman, or vice versa, is considered sufficient to make it so; and where the state stands ready to compel us to affirm what many reasonably believe to be a distortion of reality."
 In God we trust, not our human judges. Hebert continues,
"It has become customary for self-proclaimed representatives of humanity to wield sovereign power against anyone opposing the satisfaction of selected desires, promising thereby to secure the conditions of perfect earthly contentment. Today’s gender ideology is one step among many—'from divorce, to contraception, to abortion, to fetal experimentation, to gay marriage, to state control of family numbers and begetting'—through which enlightened despots have acquired an ever-expanding 'environmental and eugenic control over man,' all for our own good of course!"

Rebel, rebel, the world's in a mess...



6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:21 AM

    The homosexual element in our culture is self-absorption run amok. "I want what I want when I want it, and how I want it, and if I don't get it, I'm going to pitch a hissy-fit!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't forget, "If I don't get it, I'll see you in court!"

      Delete
  2. So the law is an ass, and demands that we join it in insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned long ago that the law was not about justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a line in the Beatles song, "Get Back","There was speculation that the character "JoJo" was based on Joseph Melville See Jr., Linda McCartney's first husband, who was from Tucson, Arizona. McCartney denied this, explaining in his 1988 autobiography Many Years From Now, that he and Linda were on good terms with See, who used the first name Melville, and that "JoJo" was "an imaginary character, half-man and half-woman." It seems like the Beatles helped pave the way for fantasy as reality. "I am a Walrus" is another example. Drugs have often been used by various artists to blur reality. I also think of Vincent Van Gogh and Edgar Allen Poe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't need drugs anymore to blur reality. Ideas, words and actions are all it takes now.

      Delete