Friday, February 04, 2011

In Honor of the 400th Anniversary of the Authorized Version of the Bible


Services will be held on the first Sunday of the month (beginning this Sunday) wherein a Rite I liturgy will be used with readings from the Authorized Version. Fr. Dunbar will be the celebrant and there will be no music and no sermon. The church doors will open at 3:30 pm for silent prayer and the service will begin at 4:00 pm.

We would like to thank Fr. Dunbar for coming back to provide this service, and for giving us the best possible Super Bowl pregame show imaginable.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:12 AM

    I assume you mean the The King James, which is the only translation I trust. If so, then, "good on ya'."

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those I use other translations for personal study/devotions (NASB/NIV/ESV), I'm still taken by the Majesty contained and conveyed by the the Authorized Version.

    ReplyDelete