Sunday, February 06, 2011

Islam Meets Valley Speak

"How shall the faith develop, or be permitted to develop, in the face of differing local conditions, challenges and gifts?" Presiding Bishop Schori.
We have seen the Episcopal solution. Forget about development. Allow the local conditions change the faith.

How will Islam "develop" when it encounters the American "local condition?"

At first, I thought that there could be no possibility of Islam changing itself as it moves into America, but then I saw this:

H/T Nickie Goomba



Islam, meet our secret weapon.

I still can't figure out if she is in favor of the mosque or not.

I get a similar feeling of confusion after listening to certain TEc spokespersons trying to explain what goes on in the Episcopal church (same link as the first).

I mean, like, it's sooooo boring, ya know.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:33 AM

    Alas, I don't have time at the moment for the video. I'll come back at lunch.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Why did Constantinople get the works?
    That's nobody's business but the Tuuurrrrrrrrrrrks"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim+,

    It's like they weren't even talking about wife beating or anything. They were sitting around talking about Wikileaks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Oh my goodness.

    Query, is our "secret weapon" an educational system which can seem to instruct students on the necessary elements of a rational, well-reasoned and supported, coherent argument for or against a proposition?

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randall,

    Did you mean to write "...can't seem to instruct..."?

    If that is the case, then I agree, I think, or at least sometimes, but then again maybe I don't, in which case it really doesn't matter if I think at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:26 PM

    Yeah. Memo to self: Proofread!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete