Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The Episcopal Church Called Out as Unjust and Ungodly

Our priest this past Sunday brought up the often misquoted Martin Niemoller who I think is recorded as having said in the Congressional Record of October 14, 1968 on page 31636:

"When Hitler attacked the Jews
I was not a Jew, therefore I was not concerned.
And when Hitler attacked the Catholics,
I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned.
And when Hitler attacked the unions and the industrialists,
I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned.
Then Hitler attacked me and the Protestant church --
and there was nobody left to be concerned."

I have been waiting for our clergy to defend a Christian brother we know, but I guess it is just one of those things over which we should not be concerned.

For all its talk about "justice", the Episcopal church, through its actions against Bishop Mark Lawrence, exposes itself to be just as the Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans Primates Council calls it:

"We are grieved, however, by the attitude and actions of the leadership of The Episcopal Church and their efforts to demand canonical obedience through unjust means to their ungodly agenda. As we have made clear in the Jerusalem Declaration we reject their authority and call on them to repent and return to the Lord." h/t T19
I am not much of a joiner, but I am glad I joined the FCA back in 2009. You can too by registering here.

The unjust and ungodly accusation rang a bell. I think it was Psalm 43 that came to mind,
Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man. Psalm 43:1
I am afraid that the FCA's call to repentance is unlikely to be heeded, and I admit that I am also guilty in that I have stopped praying for a change of heart for the leadership of TEc. I must get back on it immediately.

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the Lord, mercy shall compass him about.

Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart. Psalm 32
While you kept silence, 815 came for Bishop Lawrence, and my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

Dear Lord, instruct the Episcopal church so that we may once again acknowledge our sins, cease asking you to bless our iniquities, and to accept your statutes.

   

1 comment:

  1. Your state of affairs is quite a blow to Calvinism.

    ReplyDelete