Wednesday, October 21, 2020

I Have One Word For Old Rocker Stevie Nicks

And that word is...

Jesus!

See if you agree after reading this from The Guardian,

Women’s rights have been on Nicks’ mind since the death of her “hero”, the US supreme court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, last month. “Abortion rights, that was really my generation’s fight. If President Trump wins this election and puts the judge he wants in, she will absolutely outlaw it and push women back into back-alley abortions.”

Nicks terminated a pregnancy in 1979, when Fleetwood Mac were at their height and she was dating the Eagles singer Don Henley. What did it mean to be able to make that choice? “If I had not had that abortion, I’m pretty sure there would have been no Fleetwood Mac. There’s just no way that I could have had a child then, working as hard as we worked constantly. And there were a lot of drugs, I was doing a lot of drugs … I would have had to walk away.” She pauses. “And I knew that the music we were going to bring to the world was going to heal so many people’s hearts and make people so happy. And I thought: you know what? That’s really important. There’s not another band in the world that has two lead women singers, two lead women writers. That was my world’s mission.”

She would have had to walk away? We would have gladly adopted her drug infused baby back then. 

Please Jesus, you know what she needs. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that. Like her music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine11:43 AM

    She can be forgiven if only she will ask.

    ReplyDelete