Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Holy Week

Midway through Holy Week and how are we holding up? 

Our parish held a big after church luncheon on Cloak/Palm Sunday with no snack planned for Easter Sunday as most families will be having a meal at home or will be out of town visiting relatives. 

Maundy Thursday we have business in town, a birthday celebration, and some gardening at the church before a Seder dinner and solemn church service.

Good Friday has traditionally been my time to act like a disciple. I flee and return to my nets and fishing boat which has been idle for Lent because of the Purple Martins nesting in the birdhouses on my pier.  

I used to always close my office on Good Friday while many offices closed on the Monday following Easter. There were many times that I had to explain to my colleagues the significance of Good Friday and why we were closed. 

I also explained why I went fishing. 

Not exactly what think about when you say the word, "evangelize".




2 comments:

  1. Katherine2:34 PM

    It's always surprising to learn how many Christians don't know why it's called "Good" Friday. Jesus paid the price for all our sins! Rejoice and be thankful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The central tenet of our faith is so poorly understood.

      Delete