Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Meanwhile in France

As hate speech laws march across western civilization, yet another incident has occurred. This time a French priest is under investigation, 

From the Christian Post,

 A French government official has called for the prosecution of a Roman Catholic priest over a video he posted to social media describing homosexual inclinations as "a weakness" that must be fought like any other sin.

Father Matthieu Raffray, 45, posted the video to his more than 60,000 Instagram followers on March 15, admonishing them to resist their sinful weaknesses, including homosexuality among them.

"We all have weaknesses: those who are greedy, those who are angry, those who have homosexual tendencies!" Raffray said in the incriminating video, according to French Catholic media outlet Famille Chrétienne.

He is in line with the Bible and with Roman Catholic teaching both of which run afoul of hate speech laws. 

I must be tight lipped the next time I travel to France. 

2 comments:

  1. Katherine12:17 PM

    I won't hold my breath until French authorities file charges against Muslim preachers who disapprove of homosexual practice.

    "Hate speech" laws in general are wrong. Crimes driven by hate should be prosecuted as the crimes they are (assault and battery, murder).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What constitutes a hate crime is often subjective and malleable. In principle the school yard bully who says, "I hate you" is guilty. I remember a teacher who really hated me in High School. I could have brought charges when he gave me a bad "Attitude" grade.

      Delete