Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Don't Throw Out That Old Computer, Make a Roboband!

Many of you may have gotten a new computer or some other form of electronic gizmo for Christmas. If you are like me, you have a collection of old computers, printers, cables, hard drives, floppy disks, and assorted computer parts laying around somewhere. In researching last week's post "Solstice Liturgies, Chasing away Dragons, Werewolves, Darkness, and Christians," I was checking out YouTube versions of "The House of the Rising Sun." and came across this unique version which shows just what you can do with all that old equipment.



Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:29 AM

    My dad, the electrical engineer, had an oscilloscope in his personal lab. I remember being little and him rigging up a mic for me to see my voice depicted as sound waves on the screen. It was the first time I heard the phrase "sine wave."

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, I got stuck on the idea of a square wave in HS Physics.

    When I was little, my father let me use the new electron microscope in his lab, and I became fascinated with the microscopic world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still have oscilloscope, frequency (and function) generator and collectipn of computers (PET , early Apples and other stuff - really enjoyable post

    Thanks

    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vic,

    It looks like you could put one together which leads to the question of how long can a roboband stay together before the inevitable breakup? ;-)

    ReplyDelete