Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020: Different Thanks to Give

 For as long as I can remember, Thanksgiving Day means turkey dinner with family. I have missed a few over the years due to professional obligations, but was always able to enjoy leftovers the next day. For the past several years Pewsterspouse and I have made the 5 hour drive to the in-laws' house where we gathered with family members numbering up to fourteen. This year we are dutifully following the directions of the Centers for Disease Control and staying home. We have invited our neighbor to dine with us on the screen porch. There is one problem with this arrangement...

Scaling down the food is not something we are doing.

This year I am thankful that the Lord helped me to lost ten pounds over the summer.


 

2 comments:

  1. Katherine8:32 PM

    Just cooked for myself, husband, and daughter, and put enough food in the fridge to feed several more.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete