Wednesday, January 27, 2021

March Virtually For Those Whom God Knitted Together

I know that the revisionist clergy in churches that follow the lectionary ignored these verses when they came up during the Sunday service last week,

Psalm 139:13-16. 

13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.

If pressed, a true revisionist would say something like, "The ancients did not understand reproduction", or "The psalmist was speaking metaphorically." 

One thing that I thought retirement would permit me to do was to participate in a "March For Life" event. With the Covid-19 situation, and the National Guard blocking the way, it looks like my travel to D.C. will be impossible this year, a year when it is most important that the new President of the United States hear the voice of those who cry out for those who cannot. 

The organizers of this year's event are calling for a virtual march, 

The protection of all of those who participate in the annual March, as well as the many law enforcement personnel and others who work tirelessly each year to ensure a safe and peaceful event, is a top priority of the March for Life. In light of the fact that we are in the midst of a pandemic which may be peaking, and in view of the heightened pressures that law enforcement officers and others are currently facing in and around the Capitol, this year’s March for Life will look different.

The annual rally will take place virtually and we are asking all participants to stay home and to join the March virtually. We will invite a small group of pro-life leaders from across the country to march in Washington, DC this year. These leaders will represent pro-life Americans everywhere who, each in their own unique ways, work to make abortion unthinkable and build a culture where every human life is valued and protected.

Let us pray that our representatives voices are heard.

 

3 comments:

  1. Katherine11:09 AM

    It's surprising, actually, how well the "ancients" understood reproduction. We now know, through modern science, that a child growing in her mother's womb is a distinct human, as the Psalmist said. The idea that she is not human is wildly unscientific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ancients knew what it took to reproduce and gave the glory to God. Would that moderns would do the same.

      Delete
  2. Katherine4:36 PM

    I didn't realize you had retired, Pewster. One good thing is you are no longer at risk of being fired for expressing views contrary to the new Leadership.

    ReplyDelete