Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Don't Bless These People With One Single Dime

Last week I told you that I was a skeptic whenever I hear the word "bless" used by people. Shortly thereafter I received a request for money from the Episcopal organization. This year's annual appeal was simply titled "Bless", and the cover photo was of what appears to be a masked, ethnically diverse worship team. 


Not the picture of the typical lily white, grey haired congregation and rector that truly represent Episcopalians.

Note that the cross behind the altar is covered by the word "Bless". I wouldn't have done that.

I vainly searched the letter for any mention of Jesus and found none. 

Instead we get this, 


I pray that these people start striving to teach, preach, and share the full Gospel of Jesus and also start advocating for the dignity of those still in their mother's wombs. God surely doesn't bless some of the things they advocate for now.

Until then, they won't get a dime from me.

1 comment:

  1. Katherine1:31 PM

    Without Jesus, as you note, there's really no daylight between this appeal and something coming from a progressive PAC. That's what the Episcopal organization has become.

    ReplyDelete