Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Theology According to Whoopi

I usually don't pay attention to what celebrities have to say about anything. I regard them as actors and actresses and not as experts in things political, scientific, and certainly not theological. The following report from Premier Christian News proves my point.

 "Movie star, comedian and TV personality Whoopi Goldberg says God made us smart so we can make wise decisions over abortion.

Defending a woman's right to terminate a pregnancy she said: 'God doesn't make mistakes. God made us smart enough to know when it wasn't going to work for us. That's the beauty of giving us freedom of choice.'"

"Goldberg was speaking on US talk show The View following a week where the issue of abortion has again hit the headlines..."

"...Speaking further on the issue, Goldberg said: 'My relationship with God is always choppy. I also know that God made me smart enough to know that if there are alternatives out there that can work for me, I will investigate them.'"

"I also know God said, 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.'"
"I will not make that decision for anybody."

"God made us so smart that we can make wise decisions..." does not account for the fact that we make stupid decisions all the time, and it ignores the Biblical history of His people making those unwise decisions time and time again. 

The theology of Whoopi mirrors the theology of the zeitgeist, and its resulting belief system that places human will over God's will. 

I gave up on celebrities long ago, but I confess that I have neglected them in my prayers. 

Join me in praying for them now.



3 comments:

  1. Katherine4:30 PM

    Whoopi claims to have had seven abortions by the age of 25, so she needs prayers for repentance urgently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that. Of course, I don't know much about celebrities.

      Delete
    2. Katherine9:16 AM

      I had read she had bragged about having an abortion, and an internet search revealed the horrifying number of them.

      Delete