Wednesday, March 17, 2010

An Epistle From the President

Okay, I admit I did edit out some of the content, large chunks in fact, but I got this today thanks to a certain someone who is "no kin to me" and who got me stuck on this mailing list.

Underground --

I wanted to take a moment to thank you directly for the outstanding work you've been doing ... I can tell you that your voice is heard in Washington every day. I see how your efforts are moving us toward victory.

... your voice is needed now more than ever before.

Raise your voice today: We must all speak out together to finish the job.

In these final, crucial days, much more will be asked of us. Our resolve will be tested.

... all of us who share this cause need courage to speak up with persistence and clarity in these final days.

I've always found that courage comes from remembering that we fight for something and someone beyond ourselves. It comes from our faith. And it comes from our commitment to those we love.

So please take a moment to remember those who inspire you -- those who give you the strength to march on.

There's very little time left, and still much to do. But I believe to my core in the power of Americans to change history when we put our mind to it. And if you'll stay with us in these final days, I know we can do it again:

Thank you for making it possible,

President Barack Obama


I think that cleaned up rather nicely. I just love it when he addresses me by my first name.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:46 AM

    You obviously edited out the request for money. I should know, as I get these things --also personally addressed-- from the worthies inside the Beltway on an almost daily basis.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete