Sunday, August 15, 2021

Words to the wise and the unwise

This Sunday's reading from Ephesians 5:15-20 contains words that are well worth living out,

Be careful then how you live, not as unwise people but as wise, making the most of the time, because the days are evil. So do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. Do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery; but be filled with the Spirit, as you sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, singing and making melody to the Lord in your hearts, giving thanks to God the Father at all times and for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

 I admit that I have not always made the most of the time.

I have been foolish.

A couple of time I have been drunk and adopted a faux English accent.

And I have sung, at times not to the Lord in my heart, but mostly choir and choral works dedicated to God. 

In all these things, even in choir, we can try to put God in "timeout" as we go about wasting time, acting foolish, partying, etc. 

God doesn't stay in the timeout chair.

He is always there. 

Do we live like He is?

No comments:

Post a Comment