Monday, May 02, 2011

Pour l'infamie de son nom!

Death comes to the famous, the infamous, and the non-famous alike.

Some are honored by the living, others are to be remembered as shark bait.

And the world keeps rollin along.

Someone sent this along today...

"I've never wished a man dead but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." ...Mark Twain

I am not much into gloating in part because I understand that the death of one bad guy does not make much of a dent in the numbers of bad guys ready to take his place, and in part because I don't think the Lord would look too kindly upon gloating.

I found the comments of Andy at A Mile From the Beach helpful in this respect.

Pay him a visit.
(h/t Musings From the Hinterland)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Pewster! It's good to know that I'm not the only one with these mixed emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:25 PM

    Glad to have pointed Andy's musings out to others.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete